From last many days news reports & headlines are mainly devoted to covering coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). It’s easy to become overwhelmed and frightened, especially if you’re an older person or have a chronic medical condition. For persons in this group, the virus can be life-threatening or even fatal.
The current guidelines are for staying insides our homes to avoid the infection of the coronavirus. You never know that who has actually caught the virus. However, public health experts say “Social Distancing” is very essential for our personal & public’s health. In fact, Social distancing is the most effective way that we can take to curb this potentially deadly virus.
What is Social Distancing?
Social distancing means anyone is strictly limiting their contact with the outside world & keeping about six feet apart from the other people.
Public health experts who have studied the social distancing & knows its importance tell us that it works better to curb the spread of COVID-19 than even strictly enforcing quarantines.
What can minimize the Spread of Corona Virus –
- Follow social distancing.
- Work from home as much as possible.
- Avoid social gatherings like parties/marriages/functions.
- Avoid taking public transportation & stop making non-essential trips.
- Don’t go to bars, restaurants, movie theaters or visit places where people gather.
When you must make essential trips such as to grocery store, pharmacy or other public spaces:
- Use a disinfectant wipe to cleanse anything you touch or use a tissue/napkin as a barrier.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer & don’t touch your face,
- Most important – wash your hands frequently & properly with soap & water for at least 20 seconds as soon as you return home.